Join one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. The Group is represented in around 30 countries worldwide, concentrating on core and growth markets in Europe and Asia. It offers a comprehensive range of insurances, pensions, investments and services. In its home market of Germany, it ranks among the leading providers across all segments. In 2021, the grouo received a total premium of 19 billion euros and paid its customers net policy benefits of 17 billion euros.
Your role as Data Engineer will be:
- Development and maintenance of custom ingest jobs using Java (Spring Boot) and/or Python for data sources based on provided data source specifications
- Development and maintenance of stream data pipelines for lightweight data cleansing and enrichment
- Development and maintenance of shared libraries for data stream processing
- Implementation of unit and integration tests
- Implementation of data quality checks
» The project language is English, in a full-remote basis
• Java (Spring Boot), SQL (mandatory)
• Python (nice-to-have)
• Google Cloud Platform, Big Query, PubSub, Dataflow
• Gitlab CI
The cloud data platform is the home for many projects and data products. Currently more than a dozen projects are implemented on that platform, with many new projects planned in the current and upcoming years. The Data Operations project is responsible for integrating data sources into our central data platform. Focusing on integration the data source as a stream, the project also develops and provides common libraries, allowing to integrate new data sources with less code. With lightweight technical transformations, the team ensures that downstream transformations can rely on the data assets provided without having to dive into the details of each data source. Each data asset is included by the project in our central data catalog to ensure discovery throughout the company's data.
- Life and Health Insurance
- IT Equipment (laptop + smartphone)
- Solid career perspectives, in accordance with your performance and value
- A fast-growing company driven by excellence, solidarity and a common cause
- A dynamic and young team that will be always there to support you
- Ambitious and innovative IT projects in several economic areas
- A continuous bet in your skills development, with access to online platforms and courses, such as Udemy and related
- Coffee, fruits, snacks and a warm welcoming when you pass by the Office
- Social events and team buildings
Submit your CV and we will provide you with further details!
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.