Are you willing to take these responsibilities?
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time and ensure all issues are properly logged in the assigned ticketing systems;
- Own the development cycle and inspire and motivate the rest of the development team. From software design, implementation and testing to deployment and maintenance;
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting;
- Analyze business and operational requirements from Client and ensure responded timely;
- Development and deployment of any change request coming from Dev & Ops team;
- Prepare complete documents and presentations for Change Management process;
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals;
- Prepare accurate feedbacks and timely reports to clients;
- Attend to Client’s operational and ad-hoc meetings;
- Required to be on-call on a rotation basis.
Do you fit with the profile we are looking for?
- English fluency (mandatory);
- IT degree from University (or equivalent);
- At least 5 years acting as a Developer/Support Engineer in Java related technologies;
- At least 1 or 2 years’ experience in Media, Telco-OSS/BSS, VAS or Software Houses sectors;
- Knowledge on micro services - cloud, RabbitMQ, Redis, oracle, elastic-search, java, Linux, Tomcat and Memcached;
- Testing Frameworks (JUnit), Source Control (SVN), Maven, Jenkins;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- At least 1 or 2 years’ experience as java technical leader.
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.