· As a member of the software development team you will drive the development of smart solutions to handle thousands of messages per second created by our hardware-devices in the field
· Develop and optimize secure, scalable and maintainable database designs for use on major database engines
· Challenge our current technology stack:
· Node.js (TypeScript) based microservices
· Databases (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch, postgreSQL)
· Stream processing
· Message brokers (RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka)
· Machine learning toolkits
· Experience in writing backend applications (preferably Node.js, TypeScript)
· Expertise building high performance, highly scalable solutions
· Expertise/Interest with machine learning is a plus
· An open mind willing to try out new ideas who can work independently to achieve results and at the same time build on the expert knowledge of the ThinxNet team.
· Good communication skills in English
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.