Caixa Mágica, a leader in different segments of the Open Source market in Portugal, seeks to reinforce its Consultancy and Projects Unit with a profile of Scala Backend Software Engineer for an international project - full-remote.
What we are looking for:
- While we do not require previous Scala knowledge, you should be willing to learn it.
- +3 years of real, hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment (preferably with Java)
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages or willing to learn.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, fluent reading in English is needed.
It would be great if you:
- Have knowledge of Java 8 and it’s functional bits.
- Having Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework (very welcome).
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.