- Developing all types of APIs (public, internal and others), both REST and RPC in PHP;
- Design backend architectures around microservices with Docker;
- Develop technology with high scalability and availability for millions of users;
- Work directly with different product teams and developers to understand their needs and develop high reliable services;
- Work with PostgreSQL, Redis, and other technologies;
- Work in Agile environment with the other developers within the team;
- Be present in every moment of the software development cycle, assuming <wbr></wbr>ownership of specific services (maintenance, creating new features etc);
- Assure high quality standers on your own code or services developed for other teams;
- Deploying code to production environment using Jenkins.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Proficient in object-oriented PHP programming, with 3+ years of experience;
- Background experience with databases (Postgres or MySQL) and with SQL;
- Knowledge of security, with programming concerns for secure programming avoiding possible known and less known flaws (OWASP Top 10);
- Experience developing large-scale complex web applications;
- Experience developing REST API and knowledge about HTTP protocol.
Nice to have
- Previous Experience in microservices architecture;
- Experience with Redis;
- Previous experience working with technology for payment methods (pay-pal, credit card or others).
Caixa Mágica Software is a leading Portuguese company in the Open Source market segments in Portugal. We provide various services, from specialized business consultancy, software project development and research and innovation. We have developed several projects with different implementation targets. We are actively involved with the Open Source communities, organizing a popular event in Lisbon and participating in several research projects funded by the European Union. Caixa Mágica maintains strong ties with the Portuguese public administration, participating in the development of middleware for the Portuguese Citizen Card system and extending the concept to standardization and compliance with other European systems. We also maintain a close connection with the Innovation and Research departments in various sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, mobile systems and cloud-based platforms to support manufacturing systems.